"Lord, this humble house we'd keep, sweet with play and calm with sleep. Help us so that we may give beauty to the lives we live. Let Thy bounty and Thy grace shine upon our dwelling place." E. A. Guest

Friday

Some 'found' treasures..

Hello friends, I hope you all had a very blessed Easter!


I thought I'd show you a couple of things which my hubby found recently.
This is a very rough wooden box which he brought home 3 weeks ago.
It's just an old home-made thing which is a bit warped and worn and rusty.


Someone had simply thrown it out onto the side of the road and probably left it for rubbish removal.
But it came home with The Woodman instead, and now sits on my kitchen bench to help hide the phone cables and other electrical connections.
We just cleaned it up and left the peeling paint finish alone for the time being.
We think it adds to it's rustic charm :-)


Less than a week later, he went to check on his wood-working shed in town, and found a large stoneware crock sitting in front of the door.
I'm really happy that it has a well-fitted lid which will be very useful for storage.

We have no idea who left it for us.
Fun things like that happen all the time around here!

We've been "gifted" anonymously several times like this.
People often leave us the odd chair or wooden furniture items or other small things that they think we might like and find a good home for.
It's no secret - everyone around here knows that we love "old things" lol!

6 comments:

  1. Blessings always come back to those that give them freely :)

    Enjoy your treasures,
    m.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Great treasures and to think they found you!
    I think I need to make a sign to put on my gate and then folks will 'donate' old treasures my way!
    Really love your displays!
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, such lovely treasures Trish! The box is beautiful. The patina is gorgeous, and looks lovely with the other treasures in your kitchen!
    Enjoy!
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Trish ... such charming treasures! Weekend Blessings ♥ Teri

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the wooden box. I have a few myself that I have been lucky to find...good for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Trish,
    Those are great finds and gifts, treasures indeed!
    Blessings and Hugs, Linnie

    ReplyDelete