"Lord, this humble house we'd keep, sweet with play and calm with sleep. Help us so that we may give beauty to the lives we live. Let Thy bounty and Thy grace shine upon our dwelling place." E. A. Guest

Saturday

Simple Joys~ sunshine

Sunshine on my shoulders makes me happy
Sunshine in my eyes can make me cry
Sunshine on the water looks so lovely
Sunshine almost always makes me high

If I had a day that I could give you
I'd give to you a day just like today
If I had a song that I could sing for you
I'd sing a song to make you feel this way


Sunshine on my shoulders makes me happy
Sunshine in my eyes can make me cry
Sunshine on the water looks so lovely
Sunshine almost always makes me high

If I had a tale that I could tell you
I'd tell a tale sure to make you smile
If I had a wish that I could wish for you
I'd make a wish for sunshine all the while
Sunshine on my shoulders makes me happy
Sunshine in my eyes can make me cry
Sunshine on the water looks so lovely
Sunshine almost always makes me high
Sunshine almost all the time makes me high
Sunshine almost always..

song..Sunshine on my Shoulder - by John Denver
photos..scenes of my Australian Spring day
***
Wishing you a golden day bathed in the warm rays of God 's love..
Trish

6 comments:

  1. It is my favorite song from John Denver - What a beautiful day Trish...Here the son left us to visit Australia :( It is cloudy with rain in the forecast....oh well, Autumn is just around the corner.

    In His Love,

    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Morning Trish...such a lovely posting! So bright and cheery...so pretty! Simple blessings for your day! Hugs ♥ Teri

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful words and pictures....blessings

    ReplyDelete
  4. Warm sunshine on our shoulder is a simple pleasure. You look lovely in the photo with the sun all shining in on your blouse and hair.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, I just found your blog. It is so beautiful.
    I love the song and the pictures.
    Have a wonderful day.
    Greetings from The Netherlands.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Trish, I have always enjoyed hearing John Denver sing this song, your photos are so beautiful.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete