"Lord, this humble house we'd keep, sweet with play and calm with sleep. Help us so that we may give beauty to the lives we live. Let Thy bounty and Thy grace shine upon our dwelling place." E. A. Guest

Wednesday

White Tinware

I love old white tinware!

It has such rustic charm

as well as practicality

and great decorative properties.

It sometimes even has "beauty spots"!

These pieces live in my old dresser alongside other vintage kitchenalia.
We had packed a lot of such items away a few months ago to experiment with a "minimalist" style decor in our home.
And while it was great to have less clutter in our surroundings for a while..we discovered that we are not really suited to a bare, minimal decor at all!
So two boxes came back up from the garage this week and we selected a few familiar things to put in the dresser to bring a more cottage-y feel back to the house.
There's no way ALL our collection of old "stuff" is being brought inside again...that would totally defeat the purpose of our de-cluttering binge from last year, lol!
So no! - most will either be sold or go to charity.
But I'm rather pleased to have at least a few favourite items around again..especially as they are not just decorative but are still very functional!
Do you like white tinware too?

7 comments:

  1. Hello.. Yes, I love it, too. Sometimes you find it trimmed in red and I like it with French linens if I could but find some.. smile..
    It would be nice to simplify a lot more but I need a bit of STUFF.. Or I think I do.. smile..
    God bless...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it too! So pretty in the way you have yours displayed. It adds such old fashioned charm! We have ours in our kitchen and our laundry room. I love vintage! We too, have been pondering over what we need and what we should let go of ... oh my, it is so difficult to let go! Such warmth and cosiness you have shared! Simple Blessings ♥ Teri

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am with you in that though I love a simpler life, I do love to have the things I love around me for decor. Love your whole little cupboard and the looks of the white with the old wood and utensils.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Trish, I really like your display of white tinware with the wood kitchen items and dresser . . . so charming, rustic, but fresh looking too.

    I like white tinware too, but only have one large pitcher, that was left at our cottage when we moved in many years ago. You've inspired me to display it!

    Blessings,
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  5. I found your blog because you joined mine and I love your blog and I am a new follower now!!!
    I love how you displayed everything in your cupboard.
    It looks GREAT!
    Spring Blessings,
    Tricia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Trish! I don't have any white enamel ware but you have a super collection - much too good to hide away!
    There's no way I could cope with minimalist decor - I'd go nuts! I can live with some clutter and a bit of dust!!!
    Blessings
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good morning Trish,
    I want to first say THANK YOU FOR BECOMING ONE OF MY FOLLOWERS...Wow....
    My goodness i wish I had found your blog sooner...how wonderful.
    Oh how I love the White enamelware...it's displayed so beautifully and you are right...those are beauty marks...I have a few pieces with those. Love it.
    Blessings,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete